Friday 6 December 2013

You SHALL Go To The Swamp!

It's a successful week for costumes, what with the hats and the fabric and I've now finished Wraith's black and red dress - at least to the point of final fitting. 

You may remember that this is what the base of the dress looked like at the time of purchase -


And now? We decided that we wanted Wraith to look floaty and spooky (as her name implies) but also a LITTLE like she's been dragged through the swamp backwards! A bit of flamboyant wildness in the hair and the frock will make the character really stand out on stage...

...you get the idea...

So BOY did I have some fun with all that gorgeous net I bought! Here's the result thus far, as modelled by Bettie, my dressform dummy!





Once it's fitted on our lovely Wraith, stitched and finished it'll look quite splendid, I'm sure. I'm not 100% sure about the flower - I think it should be something more spooky there at the waist to match whatever equally creepy hair adornments are added.

Anyway - I'll add updated pictures as I go along, and next week I should be able to show you the preview (pre-final fitting pinned-on-Bettie) version of Wraith's green swamp dress.  I'm really quite looking forward to that!

Don't forget to check back for updates here and on the other blog pages - more photos to come! I'd welcome your comments and input so please feel free to comment below and add this blog to your favourites.   See you soon! xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment